Aplication of angle sensor DU-180 and fuel level sensor indicator ESCORT I4 on special equipment on logging operations
Sector: Forest industry
Equipment: angle sensor DU-180 and sensor indicator ESCORT I4.
The integrator was tasked to provide a company that deals with harvesting of wood, the system of control over the work of machinery.
Previously, the company is often faced with cases of overturning platforms with manipulator. Downtime and emergency led to excessive costs and, as a consequence, to a decrease in profits from the main activities.
The integrator had to find a solution that could improve productivity and efficiency of labor through interdiction emergency situations in logging.
Peculiarities of working
The park of special equipment of the customer has several dozen units of vehicles for logging operations. Among them: skidders, skidders, forwarders and manipulators 648L John Deere, PONSSE Elephant King, PONSSE K100+.
No matter how modern the technique is, its work depends on the skill of operators. Often — especially in the highlands of Chile-cars involved on steep slopes, which carries the risk of flooding the vehicle.
Therefore, operators must constantly monitor the critical angles tilt in the frontal and sagittal planes. And upon detection hazards it is important to take the right anchoring action — for example, quickly fix equipment winch.
In such circumstances, when the human factor plays a role, you can not rely solely on the care or intuition of employees. Despite their qualification, there is always a danger of incorrectly calculating the angle of inclination and miss the critical moment.
Therefore, special equipment needs to be equipped with additional telematics devices that help operators continuously monitor the actual angle while dispatchers enable you to remotely analyze the state of the hardware and employee actions.
To achieve the required level of safety and efficiency labor integrator decided to equip special equipment of the customer integrated transport monitoring system, which includes following components:
- Angle sensor DU-180, designed to control the state of change in the angle of inclination relative to the horizontal axis.
- Fuel level sensor indicator ESCORT I4, which is installed in the cab of the vehicle and allows the operator to locally observe the actual change of angle of inclination.
- Navigation 5.0 GalileoSky terminals for data collection and transmission about work of sensors and vehicles in system of satellite control.
- GPS / GLONASS vehicle monitoring system Wialon is for centralized monitoring of the state of all machinery, get up-to-date statistics, bug fixes and scheduling further activity.
GPS / GLONASS monitoring system
Example of installation and operation equipment on logging equipment
- Sensor Escort DU-180 with «fast» firmware and network address 1.
- Sensor Escort DU-180 with «fast» firmware and network address 2.
- Indicator Escort I4 with «fast» firmware, in active mode, interrogator 1 sensor (2,3 and 4 – deactivated) with network address 1 and calibration table of type 0-0, 180-180, 0-0.
- Indicator Escort I4 with «fast» firmware, in active mode, interrogator 2 sensor (1, 3 and 4 – deactivated) with network address 2 and calibration table of type 0-0, 180-180, 0-0.
- Navigation terminal GalileoSky 5.0 configured on poll of two corresponding network addresses on RS-485.
Data on the angle of inclination, which fix the sensors, instantly displayed on the indicators in the operator’s cabin. And at the slightest deviation from the norm the driver can immediately adjust the controls to avoid abnormal situations.
All equipment installed on the vehicle is characterized by high accuracy in indications reliability of functioning in any conditions operation-regardless of weather, climate and terrain. Devices brand «Escort» have the necessary certificates of conformity industry and international standards.
Example of working with information in the transport monitoring system
Here is a table with telematics statistics of machinery. The information that controllers see in system Wialon, supplied by the two sensors of the angle of inclination of an Escort DU-180.
One sensor is mounted in the frontal plane, the other — the sagittal. The first column shows the angles in degrees over time from 0 to 180°. In the second column — angles less than 90° degrees and more 90°, since the sensor does not show a negative angle. In this case 90° is taken as 0, and all exponents less than 90° are negative degrees.
Thanks to the accurate data recorded by sensors Escort, and analytical tools implemented in the Wialon system, the customer company has comprehensive information for rapid response to deviations and making the right management decision.
After installation of sensors and indicators of Escort company - customer almost immediately I was able to increase the level of safety and efficiency work machinery. Double control of special equipment locally in the cockpit vehicle and remotely in the monitoring system, helps to prevent timely accidents and downtime.
System disciplinarum operators, prevents erroneous actions and helps level up professional qualification. As a result, the company is increasing productivity, avoids unnecessary costs and increases profits.
«This project proves that «ESCORT» is considered to be a manufacturer high-quality and reliable equipment. Our customer’s expectations were fully justified. After all, the company had the opportunity really improve your work. At the same time, the effect was achieved in no time. Costs of installation of the control system, including tilt angle sensors and indicators are already compensated by growth of company’s profit».